A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Church Members Traveling the World

I try not to be too jealous when I receive post cards from my church members who are traveling around the world. But....

Take for example, this post card I received yesterday in the mail. I have a church family who is visiting Germany and they toured the awe inspiring "The Cathedral of Cologne" in Germany.

Known for its unique golden "Shrine of the Three Magi", the construction of this greatest German cathedral was started in the Middle Ages in 1248 and completed only after 632 years.

I like the part that states, "...and completed only after 632 years."

The church member commented that it's hard to imagine the detail work that went in to the building of this cathedral.

Have you been to this cathedral? Let me know.









No comments: